Thursday, August 12, 2004

Payroll and Hurricane Charley


Pay Roll, originally uploaded by Virgi.

I got up this morning and took Mianna to school and then headed to the base to pick up my paperwork. I had to go the pesonale building on base and fill out about 45 minutes worth of paperwork for my payroll. I had my Polaroid taken and then it was laminated onto my timecard. It's all starting to feel real again. Wow, I'm actually working for the Navy again. I was also given my Navy Lodge Central Reservation Employee handbook and reference and this thing is thick. I have to read it front to back or back to front (like the Japanese) I like to read that way. I have to try and familiarize my self with acronyms for about 45 different locations. I'll become real familiar with the state abbreviations too. Plus knowing my Months by numbers, that's easy! ehhehe.

After all that check-in stuff I was able to look around the NEX to see if could find any nice tops for work, but no luck. Rich called me on my cell and we met for lunch. That was nice and I could get use to seeing him in the middle of the day like that.

On my stop to the post office aunty max called to see if we would be affected by the storm that's moving in and if I was preparing for it. I told her that we would be hit by hurricane Charlie by Friday. It's very overcast and gray outside, but very calm. I remember the time before typhoons on Guam, were real calm and pretty, but that is only an illusion you get, just before the storm really hits down. We have plans to watch a movie tomorrow night at the pool here, but we will have to see if it's canceled because of the weather and we are also invited to the Luau at the Y on Saturday, so that might also have some set backs if we do have a pretty bad hurricane. The thunder just stated and the sky is almost black now. I better watch the local news incase we have to evacuate to the high school. Oooops scratch that, I have to listen to the radio, no TV since we have satellite. I have to turn off the computer because we are now having lightning and might have a power surge. Our dog Duke is really freaking out now, so I better go baby him. O man it's raining bad now.............. I'll keep you all posted on our hurricane condition

No comments: