Tuesday, August 24, 2004

My Grandpa

I talk to my aunty yesterday and she just told me that my grandfather has been given about 6 months left to live. He has been really sick for some time now, but he has pneumonia and can't seem to get rid of it. He has been coughing up blood for weeks now and the navy hospital is not taking care of him now. They handed his care over to a haspice. My grandfather just turned 78 in February and maybe he will make it to his 79th b-day. I'm preparing for the worst. I know what it's like to experience death of a close family member. We have had many of our immediate family members pass and it's hard, but for some reason I'm numb to it and realize that it's just the way of life and it will always happen. I will try to cherish this last few months with my grandpa even if he is so far away, I can still talk to him on phone as much as I can.

No comments: