Thursday, August 05, 2004

Big Dutch Baby



About 6 or 7 years ago my friend Adea taught me how to make this awesome Norwegian pancake. She called it the Big Dutch Baby and told me it was really good. I'll share the recipe since it's so easy to make.


Ingredients:


  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup flower

Topping:
Brown sugar (dark is our favorite)


First you have to get a deep pot that is safe for the oven. Set the oven to 425 and put the butter in the pot. This will allow the butter to melt as you preheat the oven. Beat all 4 eggs and then add the milk and flower. Beat the entire mixture for about 2 minutes and then poor it into the melted butter. Cook at 425 for 22 min. It will rise up and the crust will be brown on the edges, similar to my picture above. Some times it doesn't rise even, but it's still good. Let it cool only for a second and then top with brown sugar and go to town. mmmmmmmmm. good eats!

No comments: