Saturday, December 04, 2004

Cook Out

Today we went to Sams Club for the first time and did some serious shopping for the cook out. Rich has a few boys that are leaving AIMD, and so they planned this cook out weeks ago. First off we ran with one of his friends to Sams Club to get few things, and I was not impressed at all. I will keep to Costco for my bulk shopping because Sams Club was really small and they didn't have a lot of brands we use. After shopping we ran to the Nex and played with the new lip glosses by LancĂ´me and a few by Estee Lauderdale and I think I'll have to stop by the NEX on my way to work tomorrow and pick up a few for the X-Mas party this week. I still have no idea what I'm going to wear to this thing. It's going to be at some really nice hotel, downtown Jax's so I'm excited to go and check that out. After we left the NEX we went to look at a house around the street from Mianna's school that's for sale. It was nice and big and had a really pretty color carpet, but I was not that impressed with it. This guy that lives in it is a pilot and he is leaving to Pensacola. He has a really cute daughter named Tia and he is divorced. With just one kid and that big old house with 4 bedrooms 2 baths, it seemed too big for them. The house had some really nice features, but it's still not my Panama. I had to tell Rich, "I'm still in love with my Panama home and I want it. That house we looked at was going for 220 and the Panama is going for a little less and it's a two story but just a little smaller than the one by Mianna's school. Anyways, we will look at more, but I think we need to put a hold on the lot for the Panama just in case we do not find one we like. Our realtor gave us a listing today and only one stood out from the rest, it has a pool and it's actually pretty cute on the inside, but I have to go see it in person to know if I like it or not. Okay I'm not sure how I got off the subject, but after we looked at the house we ran to Richie's friend apartment and it over looks Lake Ortega. I tell you the one thing I love about FL is all the lakes we have and all the bridges. This place is just awesome. I still think I want to live her for a while. I really love the weather, and low 70's are not bad for the daytime in December. ehehehheeh. o man this is the life for sure. I sure hate the cold and the snow. I don't mind taking a vacation to the mountains once in awhile and visiting the snow, but I sure never want to live in it or near it. I would rather retreat to the hot humidity. I love humidity. Most people hate it but I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To me it's home I'm a true islander girl. I grew up on an Island just because I've left the island, doesn't mean the islands have left me. When we lived in Hawaii I was in Heaven and I really liked it better than my Island of Guam, but Florida is just like being on the islands, but with more room to venture and seasons that are mild and comfortable. I do like dressing up in my sweaters and boots and beanie hats. Today I had on my new poorboy VS sweater and Abercrombie hat with my new nice west boots. I was styling in my new duds. ehehhehe. I bough over 150 bucks from VS (Victoria's Secrets) online and got a free $150.00 weekend bag. This bag is so huge and just perfect for travel. I'll be adding that to my bag collection in the closet. I swear I have been on a bag binge lately. But no more bags for a while I have over 7 new bags...........ehheehhe I know I know. I'm bad. You should have seen how I feel in love with this bustier bag in payless shoe store and Rich gave in and got it for me. Knowing that I had just bough 4 coach bags and he was with me when I was going coach crazy. ehehhehe. I went shopping yesterday with Mianna and we were on the hunt for Richie's X-mas gift. I'm so sad, because they ran out of it and now I have to buy it online. I got a towel warmer at Bed Bath and Beyond and took a brows in Pier One. I have a gift card to that place, so one day I will have to buy stuff for the new house. I think I'll try to hold on to the card. I also got a gift card to my other favorite store, Pottery Barn. I did find the cutes snowman candle and I still have to go back to return some wine glasses because Rich didn't like them. I will buy some thing else for the house, since Richies wants crystal wine glasses. I'll tell you this boy is just as picky as me when it comes to house stuff. But he does like the way I decorated the kitchen table and coffee table for X-mas. I'll post some pics for you all to see. O man I'm off to work tomorrow, but it's okay because i will have a short week and we off on Thur, Fri and Sat. Whooooooooo hooooooo. I will make up for it in the xtra pay I got for working on Thanksgiving. It's still so hard working and I miss Mianna the most but we are loving my new scedual of having Fri and Sat off. We have time to be a family again. Right now Rich is still at the cook out, we come home to walk Duke and Rich is playing poker with the boys. Thank goodness he is playing with chips and not for real money. ehehhee. He did that last night and it was for real money, and this poker house he loves to go to in St. Augustine. I really wish we could buy a home out there, but not now while he is working on base. Maybe when he retires we can sale our home and move to St. Augustine. I really like that town, it's so cute and so close to the beach. Okay, my shoulder is killing me, I do enough typing at work and I just pulled a muscle this past 3 days I've been in so much pain. I better go and rest my arms. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: