Saturday, December 18, 2004

Light Parade

We drove out to Mandarin this afternoon to the Sears Outlet to find a refrigerator. We found several good deals and will most likely buy a fridge in a few weeks. After that we took a look around Books-a-Million and got some paint and decorating ideas from a few Florida books. We decided to try and eat dinner at Clarks seafood, but when we got there they didn't have what we wanted on the menu, so Mianna and Rich ate the oysters and then we left and went to Whities Fish Camp. When we got there we were shocked to see such a huge crowd. As we got out of the car this lady that was leaving next to us, said that there was a light parade going on and good luck with trying to eat dinner. We had fun just watching all the decorated boats as they went along the river. There was this one boat that was decorated with all the Shark Tales characters and had a bubble blower. There were so many cool boats but that was the best. Whitie's puts on this boat parade every year and they also have a contest between the boats for first place. They also raise money for a woman and children charity by raffle tickets for 10 bucks and the prize is a 24,000 boat. We ate a good dinner and had a perfect seat outside on the dock, so we could see the light parade going on. I was just sad that I didn't have my camera with me. I really need to get into the habit of taking that thing with me. Today I had decided to use my smaller coach bag, and it was already full with junk. ehehheeh. Next time I need to bring the big one for sure and carry my dang camera with me. We also walked down on the pier to get a closer look at the boats that were in dock.

No comments: