Saturday, September 04, 2004

Calls for Support

Hey everyone, we are doing just find here in FL. Thanks for all your calls and support. I will try to call everyone that called, but if not, Ill hope you all check my blogg to see this message. Tonight is when we will start to feel the effects of Frances. I just hope we can keep our power. We will defiantly have some heavy rains and some winds. Frances is now a category one, but because she is so huge and moving at about 5-7 mph, it's such a slow pace and that is enough to cause lots of rain and flooding. Our neighbors to the south in Palm Beach were not so lucky and are without power as we speak. I have a coworker whose parents live there in Palm Beach. All day at work I was booking calls for people who have evacuated from the south and are now in the jaxs area, trying to stay at the Navy Lodge. Surprisingly we had lots of rooms. There were also a few cancellations for the Pensacola lodge, sine they will be hit by the hurricane also. Right now it's so calm outside. I just took Duke on a walk and once again, like when Charlie was out, it's that weird calm and very dark skies. Mianna's school was closed on Friday so that the school could board up and move in its supplies. Rich had to secure all his equipment at work and we covered up our computers today. I do work tomorrow as normal, but if it's just crazy out, or we have no power, then I will be staying home with the family. Rich also works tomorrow at 7. I'm going to get of this computer now and fill the tubs with water and the sinks. I have made lots of ice and we have tons of water supply, batteries, and flash light and emergency supplies. I check on the NOAA website and Ivan is a tropical storm for now, in the same path as Frances. O man, will this be the most active season or what????? Crazy FL weather but I still love it here. We will keep you all posted and up-to-date.

No comments: