Saturday, January 01, 2005

Orange is HOT

As most of you know by now I've been trying to pick a color to paint my family room and have my mind set on an Orange similar to that of terra cotta pot. I want the room to be light but slightly bright with a texture on the wall. I was just doing some reading online when I came across this article. I found it pretty interesting that there is a board of color experts that meet to decide on what the new color trend it going to be ... LOL. I have noticed that yellow and greens tamed down and orange had been popping up all over the place. I have always loved the color of orange because it reminds me of the sunset and that is one of my favorite times to look at the sky. I've always wanted to paint the Inside of my house green or yellow if I ever got the chance and I have that. I just thought it would be nice to do some research on paint colors and techniques till I decided on my final choice. I know its only paint and I can always change it, but I want to love it and leave it up for a few years or longer. Last night was a fun trial and error for us when we started painting Mianna's room. I get off work in 2 1/2 hours and I can't wait to go to the house and check out how the color in her room has dried and what it looks like in the day light. In the mean time I'll be checking out the Venetian plaster by BEHR. We used all BEHR paint for Mianna's room. Check out the website, they have this awesome tool to help you create a room. I also just purchase this online tool that also helps with room design, but I have yet to use with with my digital pics. I'll try to take more pictures of the house today. Soon Ill post more of my decorating ideas.

No comments: