Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Sad News

Well guys, I got the news last night at around 10:30 when I got off work. My aunty max had called and left a message to call her, and then she called again and left another message to call Davina. I knew what it was going to be, but I just didn't want to hear it. I called Davina and she told me to take a breath, right then I had said, NO, and then she said, grandpa had passed. I could tell in her voice that she had been crying and it took me awhile before I started up with the tears. My mom called and also left a message on my cell phone. By the time I got home it had really hit me, but this morning it's even more real. I just got off the phone with my grandma and she said that my grandpa had been doing well all day yesterday and had talked to many people and had several visitors. She says she is hanging in there and just trying not to have a panic attack. I'm not sure what I feel right now, just sad........... I broke the news to Mianna this morning in bed, and she was real good about it, she said, "mom at least he is not suffering now and he is in a better place." I will have to make several calls to the school and notify my work today. I'll be on a flight to CA as soon as I can. I'm not real sure if Rich will be able to go, but I don't know how I'll be able to do this without him. Man.... life can be so hard some times, but we all gotta go, when we gotta go. I love YOU grandpa!

No comments: