Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fractured pinky toe

It had been such a long time since my last confession, HAHA, that's how I like to look at my blog, a short confession of my everyday happenings. Sorry to all my dedicated fans that loves to read this crap. ehehhe. I have been so buy out of my mind that it's really hard to keep up with my blogg. I work so hard at 2 jobs and hardly find time to sit at my favorite spot in the house. I'm happy to report that my baby girl is finally home. I picked her up from the airport yesterday and the story is quite funny. I went into work at CRC to do some overtime as if I don't work enough already, and I got off at 1. I knew that her flight would land around 3 and so I figured I'd go hang with Rich at the company picnic, but Mianna called and said, mom I'm here. I was like "what? Your here already" I told her I was on my to the airport. I called Rich to cancel meeting up with him and began my trip to the airport. I was thinking, boy that plane must have caught some major tail wind and hauled ass to jaxs with 2 hours to spare. DAM. As I was driving along the 295 north I got a call from Mianna again, this time sure she was already at the baggage claim, but what happen, was the plane stopped in TN and she got off, O LORD, her flight was scheduled to come straight to Jax and it said 1 stop only and it didn't mention anything about TN. Mianna called to say she was at the wrong airport, but with some help from the flight crew and an old lady that also got off on accident, they ran to get back on the flight. ehhehe. I was 1/2 way to the air by this time and was not going to waist gas and time to drive back down to the picnic so I just hung out at the airport and played bejeweled on my cell phone. So you’re wondering about the title of this blogg????? Well the day before all of this drama, I was on my way to work, wearing my cute open toe, really small, almost non existent heal shoes, that I just bought for 9 bucks at Ross. Well anyways, as I was driving I came to a stop and my left foot was resting on the rubber rest plate at the left side of the car, and my foot slipped off and banged into the rest plate really hard. O my god, the light was green and I could hardly press on the gas pedal to take off because the pain to so great. I did manage to make it to work, but I was in so much pain. I worked for 5 hours with a throbbing toe and then my boss let me go home early. I decided to go to the ER and have it checked out. They were really quick with the x-rays and sure enough my little pinky toe on my left foot is broke. It’s not bad broke, but just fractured. I left the ER with my toe wrapped up since there is nothing they can do about it and went to my second job. I worked at BEBE for about 2 hours with the funny looking toe and then they let me go home.
Mianna is still asleep since she is on west coast time and so I suspect she will be having jet lag for about a week. Just in time to get back on schedule before school starts back. I'm going to clean house a little and then maybe take Mianna to Kohl's to look at some stuff and then go to Dads friends house for this retirement party. It's to nuts with everyone around us retiring and we are almost there with 2 1/2 years left. Man time sure is flying by. We still don't know what we want to do or where we want to settle down. I love FL and do not want to sale my home. But by Sep, we should start looking for orders.

1 comment:

me said...

Oy - too much drama for your momma! Poor Virg.