Monday, June 12, 2006

Mianna leaves to SD

I just can't believe how long it had been seen my last blogg. I usually have no time to do this, but it looks like I'll have plenty of off time this week and with my new work hours at CRC, I'll be home by 6 every day, But it I have to run to BEBE, then not home till say 10:40 or 11pm. I'm only scheduled to work 7 hours this week, so most of the time I'm off or on call. I was oncall today and they didn't need me. Mianna is leaving for SD this Friday and she will be gone for one month. I'm already starting to get sad, but I know that she will have a fun summer and love spending time with our family in SD. I'm not sure how it's going to work out with not having her here and Duke being all alone again, he is really going to miss her bad. I suppose I should use this time that I'm home to make dinner and clean the house a little and do some laundry. It's like my work is never done, we just work work work. UHHHH. I'm so ready to stop working. Today we are having bad weather and I just heard on the weather channel on my XM radio that there is a tropical storm called Alberto in the gulf and he can develop into a hurricane and this is the first storm of the season. Here is a clip I took from weather.com
Tropical Storm Alberto, which stengthened between Sunday and Monday, is holding shy of hurricane strength. As of 4 p.m. CDT, Alberto's maximum sustained winds remained at 70 mph, 4 mph short of Category 1 hurricane strength.
Hurricane warnings were issued today for a portion of the Florida Gulf Coast. A hurricane warning means hurricane conditions may occur in the next 24 hours. The warning area covers the Gulf Coast from Longboat Key to the Ochlockonee River. A tropical storm warning has been extended northward to the Savannah River on the Atlantic Coast.

There is a slight chance that Alberto could reach minimal hurricane strength before making landfall around Taylor County, Florida by early Tuesday, but the storm seemed to weaken a bit on Monday afternoon.

Locally heavy rains may induce some scattered flooding but the general area has been very dry lately. Many locales will pick up 4 to 8 inches of rain with isolated 10-inch amounts possible. A storm surge of 8 to 10 feet above normal tide levels can be expected in the warned area which extends from Longboat Key to the Ochlockonee River. Isolated tornadoes are always possible with landfalling tropical systems.

The Season Ahead

Experts say the 2006 season could be another very active one. The latest forecast from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) calls for 13-16 total storms, 8-10 hurricanes, and 4-6 major hurricanes (Category 3 or higher).

No comments: